We are always looking for new ways for cooking duck and when we came across this one we had to try it. It’s simple and there are a variety of ways you cook it. Regardless of frying, grilling, or baking the end result is awesome!
Ingredients for Whiskey Steak Sauce Wraps
1 Bottle of your favorite steak sauce
1 Bottle of your favorite whiskey
1 Jar of jalapenos
3 Mallard breasts
For every three breasts you need 1 cup of steak sauce and 1 cup of whiskey. We doubled everything and had 6 breasts per bag.
1. Cut 3 duck breasts into quarters resulting in bite sized pieces.
2. Put 1 cup of steak sauce and 1 cup of whiskey into a gallon zip lock bag.
3. Place cut up duck breasts into the marinade.
4. Put the bag in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. The longer you let the duck breast sit in the mixture, the better the end results.
5. Soak toothpicks in water to avoid burning them.
6. After the breasts have had time to marinade, place a jalapeno slice on the breast, wrap in a slice of bacon and stick a toothpick through it to hold it together.
Cook in the oven for 7-10 minutes on 400. When the bacon looks done, they’re ready.
On a charcoal grill for about 10 minutes.
Or in a deep fryer for 3-5 minutes.
Whichever method you prefer, the end result is delicious! Other ways of cooking duck.